New property listed in Yale, Hope
Open House. Open House on Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
New property listed in Central Abbotsford, Abbotsford
New property listed in Aberdeen, Abbotsford
Free 1st - Time Home Buyers' Seminar
If you haven't bought a home and are now considering the big step of buying your very own home, then
you can't afford to miss the free first-time buyers’ seminar put on by the Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association. It’s a popular event that fills up quickly because it simplifies the home-buying process and answers questions like:
- What home type is best matched to your wants, needs and financial resources?
- What are the mortgage options?
- How does the provincial property transfer tax exemption for first-time home buyers work?
- How much can be withdrawn tax-free from RRSPs?
- How about legal considerations, closing costs and home warranties?
A panel of experts will cover those questions and many more at the 19th Annual Seminar for First-time Home Buyers on Tuesday, March 19 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Bell Performing Arts Centre, 6250 144 Street, Surrey. The exhibit area, featuring new-home builders and home-related products and services is open from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Robyn Adamache, senior market analyst, Canada Mortgage & Housing Corp.
- Narrinder Dhanoya-Bhangu, vice-president, Pacific region, Genworth Financial Canada
- Bill Macklem, president, Dominion Macklem Mortgages
- Sandra Wyant, president-elect, Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- Tom Reeves, assistant vice-president, National Home Warranty
- Michael Liu, Energy Solutions Manager, FortisBC
- Gregory van Popta, partner, McQuarrie Hunter LLP
Seminar moderator is Shayne Ramsay, chief executive officer of BC Housing.
“With interest rates still incredibly low and builders offering many new-home product choices, this is a great time for first-time buyers to consider taking that critical first step onto the property ladder,” said GVHBA CEO Bob de Wit.
“Real estate continues to be a hot topic in Metro Vancouver, so seminar attendance is expected to be as many, or greater than, the 750 people who attended last year’s event. This is a one-stop information shop for first-time home buyers, so anyone considering buying a home should come to this free seminar,” he said.
Admission is free thanks to the generosity of the presenting sponsor, the provincial Homeowner Protection Office, branch of BC Housing; patron sponsor Dominion Macklem Mortgages; media sponsor Glacier Media, and corporate sponsors Canada Mortgage & Housing Corp., FortisBC, Genworth Financial Canada, National Home Warranty, Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver, The Vancouver Sun, The Province, CKNW, 99.3 The Fox, AM730 and Classic Rock 101.
Pre-registration is required. Register online at www.gvhba.org or call 778-565-4288. There is ample free onsite parking, and public transit is right at the corner. Although the seminar is free, attendees are asked to bring a food item for the Surrey Food Bank.
Location & Time:
Tuesday, March 19
Exhibits: 6 to 7 p.m.
Seminar: 7 to 9 p.m.
Bell Performing Arts Centre
6250 144 Street, Surrey
Article by REW.ca